Monday, May 2, 2022

I'll be home next month

 Yea you read that right! Next month is June and I come home at the end of it. Pretty crazy!


Riots

I forgot to tell y’all last week but there were some riots or something going on so we weren’t alowed to leave the apartment all day. It was a P-day too, so we played a ton of uno. But it was pretty cool I guess


Isabel

I wanted to share a little bit about our friend Isabel. She is a recent convert. She got baptized in February. I just have so much love and respect for her. We had a lesson in her house and she lives in a really very poor spot at the top of the mountain we live by. At the end of our lesson she made us some rice and salami to take with us. As she gave it to us she said “it’s poor, but made with a lot of love”. As she was saying that I could feel so strongly the love she had for us and the work we were doing. 

In the two and a half months that she has been a member she has already listened to the entire Book of Mormon on her phone since she can’t really read. She’s also been listening to Doctrine and Covenants as well as the Old and New Testaments. Every time we see her I can just tell how much she is craving to grow spiritually and I know the Lord will bless her for it. 


Ashley

We have a decent amount of people progressing right now, but one of the best is our friend Ashley. She’s getting baptized next week. She is super elect. I don’t have a ton to say other than she’s awesome and I’m pretty sure I knew her premortally. So I’m really hyped for her baptism next week. She is gonna be a really amazing member. And missionary. She’s already planning on serving one. 


Good personal study

Personal studies are hype. I’ve been studying the New Testament every day as well as preach my gospel and the especially the Book of Mormon. I had a really crazy study this week where I could feel the spirit so strong. We’re also in a four-man apartment, and I guess my spiritual study could be heard because they told me to stop making noise but I just couldn’t contain myself. I wanted to shout for joy jaja. I’d read something in the scriptures and without thinking just clap my hands or yell something like “wow!”. I guess it was annoying to everyone else but the point is, the Spirit is real and I feel it more as a missionary than I did before. Hopefully I can carry these feelings as best as I can even while I’m home. 


My Sister is pretty cool

My older sister Melodie came back from her mission a while ago. She wrote a little something about Gods commandments that I really loved and have shared with a few people we’re teaching. I wanted to share it with y’all too. 


“You may wonder why God gives us so many "rules." At times it may seem like members of the church are restricted, and all of the commandments God gives us just gets in the way to what we really want to do. We can't drink coffee or tea, we can't say or wear certain things, we can't have sexual relations before marriage, on and on. Is this really the happiest way to live? What would happen if we didn't have to follow such high standards?


I remember when I was small, I wanted to learn how to play the piano. I didn't know anything about the piano like how to play scales or read music, so I tinkered around trying to play a pretty song by just figuring it out myself. After a short while I got frustrated because I couldn't play a "happy" song. I didn't know that in order to play a "happy" song I needed to play in a Major key, so everything I played sounded random and rather "sad". Years later once I learned the rules to music, I then had the freedom to express myself and play any song. 


In life it's the same way. Just as an airplane has rules that allows it to fly, God gives us rules for life to help us know where to go. And when we follow them, in the long run we are given more freedom and more happiness. When follow our own understanding, the path often leads to confusion, darkness and disorder. The commandments aren't chains holding us down, but they are guidelines for the happiest life we can have. They are lights in a dark tunnel to lead us to where we need to go. God knows what's best, and He knows what you need to do to receive the peace and joy you desire. So put your faith in Him and follow Him, I promise you won't regret it.”


Les quiero, bye


  • Elder Wride








No comments:

Post a Comment