What’s good weekly! You could say I’m doing pretty good out here.
Funny Shirts
One of my favorite things about Dominicans is the shirts they wear. Idk where they get them but a lot of them are in english and say some pretty funny stuff. And I know that they have no idea what it even says so it’s even more funny. We saw one this week that was super funny but the funniest part was that I could just see it in the guys eyes that he had no clue what the shirt said. So I asked for a picture with him. Picture is attached jaja
Rip Motorcycle
Also while I’ve been here in the dr I’ve seen a lot of motorcycle crashes. Most of the time they are pretty bad and sad (someone dies or just get’s super beat up), but every once in a while it’s just kinda funny. We were teaching two guys and while we were teaching them a car just backs up right into one of the guys bikes and knocks it over. He freaked out and then the guys in the car got out and they all started fighting. The bike was fine but the guy freaked out and then the other guys called him a baby and stuff. While all of this was happening, me, my comp, and the other guy we were with were just sitting there watching. Then after 5 minutes we just started back where we were at. I enjoyed it.
Spiritual Thought
I love Sunday so much. Even though it’s a lot of work as a missionary, seeing everyone come to church is one of the most satisfying feelings. We have a had a lot of success here too with people at church and now I feel stupid for thinking that the Lord wasn’t going to let the success we had in Puerto Plata carry over here. He can do whatever He wants! And I feel like He’s been a little nicer to me since I’m almost going home.
And the other day during my personal study I read these verses that I just loved.
Alma 37:44-47
“44 For behold, it is as easy to give heed to the word of Christ, which will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss, as it was for our fathers to give heed to this compass, which would point unto them a straight course to the promised land.
45 And now I say, is there not a type in this thing? For just as surely as this director did bring our fathers, by following its course, to the promised land, shall the words of Christ, if we follow their course, carry us beyond this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise
46 O my son, do not let us be slothful because of the easiness of the way; for so was it with our fathers; for so was it prepared for them, that if they would look they might live; even so it is with us. The way is prepared, and if we will look we may live forever.
47 And now, my son, see that ye take care of these sacred things, yea, see that ye look to God and live. Go unto this people and declare the word, and be sober. My son, farewell.”
Let’s all just look to God, and live! It really will make you happier! As I’ve been nearing the end of my mission I’ve realized that coming out here for two years never really was a sacrifice at all. This is the best thing I have ever done. I hope I can keep sprinting to the end of it.
Les quiero, bye








No comments:
Post a Comment