Monday, April 11, 2022

weekly

Hey guys!


Again this week I don’t have a lot to say. The mission is going by fast and I don’t have time to keep up with everything going on. This week though I’m gonna try harder to keep track of stuff to tell you all about. 


Leaving Puerto Plata was super hard for me. Probably harder than leaving home two years ago. Because it feels like home now. But I made it through. Sunday and Monday before the transfer Tuesday morning we went around and got to get a bunch of pictures with some of my favorite people on this planet. I miss them a lot.


My new area is in a city called La Vega. But our area is called Conani. We are in a four man apartment though which is lit. But the first couple days were rough. I was feeling really depressed and scared about these last two transfers of my mission. Then in my personal study (I’ve been studying the New Testament) I read in Mark 4:40 which says - “And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?”


That gave me a lot of peace. I don’t know why I was freaking out so much. I’ve made it out of every bad spot so far in my life and mission so I don’t know why I feel like now is suddenly going to be an exception. 


So I’m feeling better now. But shoutout to some of my favorite people there in Puerto Plata, Noely, Loren, Daury, Marisa, Esmeralda, Nicole, Nasya, Enjer, etc..


Speaking of which, Nasya and Enjer got baptized this week! Me and Elder Opheikens found them like a month or two ago and they have been some of my favorite people on my mission. They are siblings. Enjer is 20 and Nasya is 17. I love them a lot. When I left they gave me some sweet beans and a bracelet haha. I got to watch their baptisms over whatsapp though so it was good. 


Also Monday night some of our ward members surprised us with a going away party and a birthday party since I just had my birthday and Elder Opheikens was about to have his. It was great to be with them. We sang “God be with you till we meet again” which was sweet. Also one of the members had a saxophone that I got to play which was fun even though I sound like trash after two years. 


Last thing - 

Yesterday morning before church, we went out to make sure some of our friends were awake. As we were in the street we ran into a parade of people with palm stuff waving it around. Then I remembered it was palm Sunday. It was really cool to see everyone showing love for the Lord. I started to get teared up for a sec imagining Jesus Christ at the front of that line. I could see it pretty clearly. I can’t wait to see Him!


Love you guys, bye! 













No comments:

Post a Comment