Hola. Esta semana fue buena, así que puedes leer sobre ella si quieres.
Ella Tenía Sueño
In one of our lessons this week the lady was half asleep the whole time and it was really funny. She would keep dozing off and we would just sit there quietly until she regained consciousness and then continue where we left off. We didn’t want to interrupt her sleep. Idk it was just a funny lesson. So there you go.
Power Outage pt. 2
Last night, the power went out again, so all of the music stopped which was nice. But for some reason the roosters were having a rough night and they were crowing alllll night. It was actually worse than having music play because it was dead quiet except for the roosters. So I ended up not sleeping very good.
Cool Personal Study
Bugs here have still been a problem. My desk is by a window and during one of my personal studies there was a big spider just watching me. It was pretty high up though so I didn’t mind too much at first. Instead I would just check every couple seconds and make sure it wasn’t any closer. It was a really stressful personal study. At one of my check-ins I looked at it just in time to see it literally jump at a fly and catch it in it’s mouth. It was crazy. I was pretty fed up with it at that point and we don’t have any actual bug killer stuff so I just febrezed it to death and went back to my study. So that was fun.
Trio Life pt. 2
We got put into a trio which has been interesting. The new Elder just got here in the DR so it’s been fun to see his reaction to all the craziness that I’ve gotten used to. Like the power will go out or he’ll see a family of 5 driving on a little scooter on the wrong side of the road going 10 over the speed limit (if there even is a speed limit) and be like “what the...is that normal?” so it’s been fun. And the answer is “yes” by the way. Totally normal. But his spanish is kind of a struggle so it’s also been fun to be teaching him a bit. Anyways yea we’re in a trio!
Los Investigadores
The amount of work here is super overwhelming but we’re doing okay. Our friend Moises was supposed to get baptized this week but we decided to move it to next week because of general conference. And we have four other friends on date for baptism this month. I probably won’t get to be here for all of them but we’ll see. One super elect guy is Albert. He is Johan’s friend who is progressing a ton. We taught him the law of chastity and he was a little scared to commit to it, so we told him to pray about it and that we would follow up on our next visit. We said that if he was willing to live it, we could pick a baptismal date. We also talked in that lesson about baptisms for the dead, which really struck a chord with Albert because his dad died a couple years ago. While we were teaching that he said, “do I have to wait untill our next visit to tell you if I will live the law of chastity? Because I know that I want to live it now.”
It was pretty epic. And he’s been working really hard. We promised him that if he read the Book of Mormon every day he wouldn’t be overcome by temptation and he told us that it has been working and that he hasn’t even felt tempted. Pretty sweet!
But there’s a ton of people and I wish I could tell you about them all but don’t have the time. Sorry
In Closing
This week as I was walking with my comp I was telling him about my mission in the St. Louis and it kinda just hit me like a wall right there that that part of my mission was over. And it made me really sad. Three months later haha and I just kinda realized that those times are really kinda gone forever. And today I had that same feeling but about being out here in Navarrete. It’s pretty likely that I’m going to be out of here soon and I didn’t realize how much I’ve come to love this area and the people here until now.
Also last night, we hijacked another bar playing music and I changed the song to “Life's Incredible Again” from the Incredibles. Another epic moment.
Also general conference was great! The best talk was definitely when President Nelson talked about temples a bunch. Super sweet. If you didn’t watch any of conference you should go hit up some of the talks. They are pretty good.
My favorite scripture I read this week in my personal study was in D&C 90:24-
“Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good”.
Ciao
Elder Wride





No comments:
Post a Comment