Monday, September 27, 2021

Hace mucho calor

The weeks are going by really fast and it’s kinda scary. I’m the oldest one in my district. When I told them how long I’ve been out they were like “you’re about done” and I was like “uh what no I’m not” but if the weeks keep going by as fast as they are, yea I’m basically finished. 

I was also really bad at writing down notes about what happened this week so this will be pretty brief. 


Street Contacting

The DR is wack. I’m pretty used to it but it’s still wack. Walking around everywhere, we see a lot of weird stuff. One guy flashed us unintentionally this week which was a low point. High point this week though was a lady rolling down her window as she drove by and telling me that I’m “beautiful”. 

This week though we were walking and there was this guy screaming like a banshee pointing down the street at a guy who was laying motionless in the road. My first impression was that he had been shot dead, and we were in a sketchy part of town, so I grabbed my greenie by his collar and we started to walk away on high alert. But then someone stopped us and said that both the banshee screaming guy and the guy in the street were just super drunk. But it was exciting. 


Santiago Road Trip

We got to take a trip to Santiago this week which was pretty fun. I remember when I first got to the DR and flew into Santiago I was like “dang this really is a third world country” but after coming to Santiago after being in Navarrete for three months I was like “dangggg this place is nice!!”. I’m hoping I get transferred somewhere like Santiago or on the beach like puerto plata. But we shall see. 





Bautismo de Jenny

The highlight of the week was that Jennifer got baptized. She was a referral from the bishop and is pretty elect. It’s so fun teaching people who actually want to be taught! And this time the water wasn’t green either so it was a great baptismal service. 

Pensamiento Espiritual

Spiritual thought this week from me would just be to let God prevail in your life. As I was reading the Book of Mormon about loving God and keeping his commandments the tears just started coming. I love God so much and hope that I will always be faithful to Him. 

Another cool thought this week came from a zone conference. Our mission president talked about the mission field being the garden of Eden. At first I was confused because I thought of the mission field more like WWZ battleground type stuff, but the more I thought about it, the mission field really is like the garden of Eden. Sometimes I am really frustrated with stuff going on here but more often than not, I am wishing I could stay here forever. 


That’s all for now. This week I will do better at keeping track of what’s going on so I can englighten you a bit more. 

Love you guys! Mucho!


  •  Elder Wride


No comments:

Post a Comment