First off, I feel bad if I'm spamming anyone with these emails that they don't have time to read, so if that is or isn't you let me know because I'm gonna try and condense the amount of people on this list.
Nice Lady
I might have already said this in a past weekly, but a lady rolled down her window at me and said "gringito que cosa más lindo". Which literally translates to "little gringo, what thing is more beautiful?". So that made me feel good…? I guess. I don't really know.
Rubik's Cube
While doing a companionship study this week, I looked at my companion Élder Flakes desk and found that he had a Rubik's cube. I know how to solve them, but I wanted him to think that I was a genius. So I looked at it with a puzzled kind of look. Then I sighed and was like, "man, I've always wanted to solve a Rubik's cube". Then he got all excited and was like "oh I can teach you!" and he started to give me the first basic instructions. I followed along slowly, and then acted really puzzled but also smart. I then started to solve it and it was epic. When I started picking up speed and solving it without any instruction Élder Flake got mad and was like "you idiot you know how to solve it" hahaaaa anyways I don't know if this whole thing made sense but it was funny.
Tiene un burro?
Elder Flake was looking for a bag this week, so we stopped by a little shop on our way home to see if they had one that he could buy. He was about to ask the guy there if they had any bags, but then realized that he didn't know the word for it. So he turned to me and asked. I told him "bag" in Spanish is "burro", which means donkey. I was trying super hard not to laugh. He could tell I was trying not to laugh and didn't trust me. So he asked Élder Lugo what "bag" in Spanish is. Élder Lugo was on my same page and affirmed that the word for bag is "burro". So Élder Flake went and asked the guy if they had any donkeys he could buy. Right when the words came out of his mouth me and Élder Lugo just died laughing. I was literally crying. Soooo funny.
Rough Week
So everything was honestly perfect. The area has been popping off lately. Lots of people to teach, lots of people at church, lots of baptisms. I have really grown to love Navarrete so much. I remember having the thought this week that I could honestly just live here forever and I wouldn't even be mad. Then suddenly we got a call from President and he said I was leaving Navarrete. It was super unexpected. The call left me with only a few hours to pack my stuff and say goodbye to people, so we ran to the apartment and I just shoved everything in my suitcase. Then we went around the area and I tried to say bye to and get pictures with as many of my friends as I could. It was so sad. I don't think they are going to miss me that much compared to how much I miss them. My new area is called El Dorado which covers a lot of the east side of Santiago. It's kind of rough here. The church building is an hour away and the area is huge. It's gonna be an interesting time.
The lowest point was when we went to the grocery store. I have been so used to surviving off of what's in Navarrete, but here there's an actual grocery store. Air conditioning and everything. And they have more than just canned stuff. I kinda cried a little bit in the grocery store thinking about how much I missed Navarrete. 3 months ago I was depressed that the stores didn't have a lot, but now I was depressed because they had stuff and it made me miss Navarrete even more. It's just not the same here. There's not like any mosquitos so I don't get to use my zapper as much. That's been hard. We have an actual laundry machine here which is gonna take getting used to. The dogs and the music aren't as loud either which has been a big adjustment. Basically I'm just super homesick for Navarrete and it's been a rough couple of days.
It was also really hard for me because two of my good friends Junior and Albert got baptized last week. We have been teaching them for a while and I was really hoping to be there so that was hard. I did get to join over zoom though which was good. They are both super elect and I miss them tons.
My spiritual thought this week is from D&C 103:36. It says:
"All victory and glory is brought to pass unto you through your diligence, faithfulness, and prayers of faith."
I'm holding on hard to that promise right now. It's gonna be a rocky road for a bit but I'm gonna push through.
Love you guys!
Elder Wride
No comments:
Post a Comment