Monday, October 25, 2021

Klk

Que lo que

This email will probably be pretty bad haha because I don't have much to say. I don't even remember what happened this week. 


Comp Life

Me and Élder Laureano got put into a trio with an American greenie fresh from the US for 2 days but then Élder Laureano left so now I'm with him alone. It's been…interesting. I am praying for charity haha

I have really grown to love the Dominican Republic though. My companion was going crazy all night with the dogs barking, roosters crowing, and people playing their music at full volume, but I have actually come to enjoy it.


Pizza Stuff

I'm still super annoyed though by the giant grocery store by our apartment. It is wayyyy too nice to be here. We went shopping there last Monday and they literally had a take and bake pizza. I bought it, but when I was getting ready to cook it I felt that I needed to continue to live my foreign experience. So instead of cooking it in our oven (which is kinda busted anyways), I cooked it like a pancake in a frying pan. It's weird how all of these little things I always complained about but I think I actually secretly enjoy. And the pizza pancake tasted pretty good. I'll attach a pic. 

Epic Reunion

The highlight this week was that I got to see my MTC companion! Who I have never actually met in person! But have spent several hours just looking at each other's faces haha. We were in a meeting at the mission office and one of the Elders came up to me and was like "hey. Élder Hansen's up stairs". So I sprinted upstairs and saw the beast sitting in a chair with his back towards me. I ran up, put my hand on his shoulder and flipped him around towards me. I was like "Élder Hansen!". He lost it and we both jumped around and gave each other a big bro hug. It was epic. Love that guy


Teaching People

We found some pretty elect people though. One guy named Amilkin and his wife are pretty elect and they said they'd come to church which would be fantastic. Getting people to church here has been rough because of how far it is but I trust that if the people really are ready for the gospel, they will make the sacrifice. In Navarrete, the church building was in the middle of town and everyone knew where it was. People literally lived a 30 second walk from it, and even then, many wouldn't come. So really at the end of the day it just comes down to what we want. Everybody ends up with what they really want. 

We also had a lesson this week with a family that is super elect. We still hadn't taught them the plan of salvation or the gospel of Jesus Christ, but in our last lesson we had with them they asked a ton of questions, and just based on those questions we accidentally ended up teaching all of the plan of salvation and the gospel of Jesus Christ. Pretty cool how all of the deep questions of the soul are answered in the doctrine of the church. 


Spiritual Thought

Another thought I had this week is that I think most of God's children are pretty disobedient. Most everyone we talk to believes in God but won't do anything he asks. It says somewhere in D&C that the people of the telestial kingdom are as numerous as the stars. I agree with that statement haha. It is really painful to watch a missionary, but thanks to the plan of salvation, everybody will receive what they were willing to receive. 

accidentally ended up teaching all of the plan of salvation and the gospel of Jesus Christ. Pretty cool how all of the deep questions of the soul are answered in the doctrine of the church. 


Also later today I'm going to attempt to teach Dominicans how to play Spikeball so wish me luck. 


Ciao! Love you guys mucho. 

-Élder Wride




No comments:

Post a Comment