Heyyyy
I don't have much to say this week. We've been working super hard here in Litchfield and we're seeing the results of it. Pretty good stuff. But we also have had a lot of dissapointments.
So Mark didn’t get baptized on Saturday. It was super sad. The adversary is the worst. I felt like something was going to happen (because something bad always happens right before someones baptism) and yea it was rough. Satan does not want that man to get baptized. But Mark is amazing and will get there eventually. But it was super heart breaking.
The scripture that got me through the week is 2 Nephi 2:24-
“But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things”
So powerful! Anyways that scripture helped me a lot and even though I’m confused, I know it will all work out as long as I am faithful.
Also we got transfer news last night and Elder Petrucka is gonzo so I’ll be getting a new companion. I’m not really too stressed about it. It will be good.
Other stuff-
So Chuck is doing great. He is reading the Book of Mormon a lot and during the opening prayer in our last lesson he said something along the lines of “I’m starting to accept this” which was just awesome. I love that man! He was also wearing some cookie monster pajamas which I just thought was the funniest thing ever.
We found this guy named Austin this week on Facebook. We taught him the restoration over the phone and it was one of the most spiritual lessons of my mission. While I was reciting the first vision he gasped and was like ‘no way…”. It was the perfect reaction. We had a good time with him. Hopefully he continues to be elect!
We also had a lesson this week with a family called the Zellers. They are great. We found them a couple weeks ago while we were walking out of a lesson with another family. We saw them outside their house so we walked over and started talking to them. Apparently the dad grew up in the church but hasn’t been active most all of his life. But our lesson with them was very spiritual. The dad (Dennis) is really quiet and reserved so he didn’t really say anything but during the entire lesson you could see that he was silently crying. It was just super awesome and I’m so excited to continue working with them.
That’s about it for this week in Litchfield IL. Hope all is well wherever you guys are at.
Adios


No comments:
Post a Comment