Monday, May 17, 2021

Litchfield stuff - 10 Months & 1 Day

Hey guys! Elder Wride here with another weekly update.

Things are honestly pretty fantastic here in Litchfield with Elder Pugsley. Easily the best comp I could ask for. Except for the fact that he snores super loudly and I have to hit him with a lightsaber in order for him to stop, things are going quite nicely. 



I’m Handsome

At church yesterday these two little primary girls came up to us and kept saying “Handsome! Handsome!”. Of course I had to ask which one of us was more handsome, and they pointed at me. Elder Pugsley was pretty distraught over it. Jk. 

Sunglasses

Elder Pugsley has some really sweet sunglasses that I like to wear on occasion but he get’s pretty upset about it for some reason and made me go and buy my own. So at the gas station I bought a 15 dollar pair just like his. Then a short time later, we were leaving the car and I set my new sunglasses on the car seat. I had the strongest thought that I would probably sit on them later and break them, but I ignored it. Then an hour later when I sat back down in the car, my heart sank. I totally destroyed them. I spent some time later trying to bend them back in place, and they snapped. I was outraged. Not sure why I’m telling this story haha but whatever. It was my lowest point this week. Luckily I have the sweetest mother ever who took pity on me and sent me some money to get some new ones. Thanks mom <3


Teaching Pool

Our teaching pool kinda took a hit this week. Most people are just ghosting us. But we’re used to it haha. Mark is doing great though! He’s the greatest guy ever. There’s nothing I wouldn’t do for him. But yea it was kinda frustrating this week having so many lessons set up and then everybody bailing right before. The adversary really works on these people. 


Spiritual Epiphany

We met some really interesting people this week. The more people I talk to as a missionary, the stronger my testimony of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ becomes. Most everyone believes in God, but the amount of people who actually live His commandments is a lot smaller. 

But this past week we were talking to this guy about the Gospel, and he said he had read the Book of Mormon. I was skeptical right off the bat, because based on my experience, anyone who’s truly read the Book of Mormon doesn’t talk about it that casually. Anyways so I asked him what his takeaway was, and sadly, he just wanted to try and disprove it. He said that he read about goats and that they didn’t exist in that time. I was pretty annoyed. This guy claims to have read the Book of Mormon, but his only take away is that goats prove that it’s false? So we were like “is that really the only thing you learned?”. 

The Book of Mormon has the strongest testimony of Jesus Christ that I have ever read. I can’t read more than a verse without it referring to him. I know it’s true.

So we left him a passage from the Book of Mormon to read and pray about. 

We talked for a little bit more and long story short, he won’t read and pray about it. It’s just so sad and frustrating. I know this Gospel is true, and the fact that others won’t humble themselves and take their questions in sincerity to God breaks my heart. 

It’s also just so interesting talking to these people who believe in God and nothing else. We talked to another guy and he was like “I’m catholic.”. We were like “great! Could we talk more about Christ with you?” and then he was like “no no no I’m not into that whole religion thing”. Like come on dude! Faith requires action! So many people talk about their faith in Christ but then don’t live it. They’re so focused on being saved that they forget what we’re trying to do is be changed. 

Another talk we had with this guy named Jason was great. He’s a super cool guy and we had a long talk with him about the Gospel. He told us how we’re the only religion he’s met that doesn’t talk bad about other religions. He also talked about how he’ll go to churches where their entire service is just talking bad about other religions (particularly members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). Like aren’t we all here just to love one another and live the way that Christ did?


Anyways, I just had a lot of spiritual epiphany’s this week that really strengthened my faith. I know that this is literally Christ’s church restored to the earth. We have prophets and apostles like Christ did, temples, priesthood authority, and the list goes on. You guys should go listen to “What is the Blueprint of Christ’s Church” by Tad R. Callister. It’s pretty good. But yea this church is totally Jesus Christ’s.

But at the end of the day, the keystone of everything I know is the Book of Mormon. If you haven’t read and prayed about that book, you got to do it!!


That’s about it for this week. Hope all you guys are doing good. Ciao



No comments:

Post a Comment