Monday, April 26, 2021

Another weekly

Hello there

This week was pretty decent. I thought I had a lot more to say but actually don’t have much right now. We got a piano in our apartment though which is pretty cool. Now our neighbor hates us even more haha


We just talked to a lot of people as always and it was fun. Had a lesson over facebook where the guy started cussing us out at the end and called us a cult which was fun haha. Also last P-day we went bowling!!! I didn’t say anything last week because I was afraid I might choke and then when you guys asked what I bowled I’d be embarrassed about it but I bowled a 167 so that was pretty good! Especially after not bowling for a long time. 


We had a lot of really good lessons this week (other than that one guy). Mark is doing great and will hopefully be baptized this Saturday if all goes well. We had a couple people ghost us too which was fun, but hey it’s all good. Chuck is doing great too. He’s actually reading the Book of Mormon for the first time so that’s exciting. Also another guy named Tracy we met wants to stop smoking and get baptized so we’re working on a plan with him.


Also this week I had a coolish experience giving a priesthood blessing to someone. For the first time when giving a blessing, I totally just let go of anything I wanted to say and committed in every way that I was going to say exactly what the Lord wanted me to say. It was cool to feel like I was being a mouthpiece for the Lord. So that was fun!


Spiritual thought for this week would just be that reading the Book of Mormon is essential to spiritual survival. We had a lesson with a girl this week who doesn’t have a testimony of the Book of Mormon and isn’t reading it. I’m pretty sure the two are correlated. We were like “well, would you like a testimony?”. Then I talked about how I didn’t have a testimony of the Book of Mormon, until something magical happened...I actually read it! She told us that she didn’t have time to read it but we were determined that she’s gotta have at least a couple minutes during the day to sit down and read. So we pulled up google sheets and had her tell us her daily schedule. She seemed kinda shocked at our determination but we went through her whole day and sure enough, we were able to find some time where she could sit down and read a little bit each day. I’m excited for her to get that testimony!


My point in sharing this is that we always have time for what’s most important to us. If reading the Book of Mormon isn’t important to us, we’re not going to have/make time for it. But if it really matters to us, we will make the time, and we will be all the better for it. So if you’re not reading in the Book of Mormon daily, you need to rethink your life a little bit. It will make all the difference


Honestly I really don’t have much else to say. But this upcoming week is going to be crazy busy so I’m excited for it. 


Adios chicos










No comments:

Post a Comment