Hey weekly-
Sorry I didn’t write last week. I just wasn’t feelin it
Transfers
New Comp
People we’re teaching
General Conference
Spiritual Thought
Transfers
So I have been transferred from one boonies to another. Now I am a little over 2 hours west of Paris in a town called Litchfield IL. Not gonna lie, I was really hoping I would be able to go back to the holy land (Missouri). Half of our mission is in Missouri and the other half is in Illinois, but everybody kinda hates IL for a number of reasons. For us missionaries, the biggest reason for that is that Illinois killed the prophet Joseph Smith.
But I’m getting by just fine and litchfield is a nice place. It’s a small branch but we have a really nice building and the members are fantastic. No tweakers to be seen though which has been a weird change.
New Comp
My new companion is Elder Petrucka. He is....interesting. But he’s super obedient and diligent so it’s been good. We’ve been working really hard and seeing a lot of success. Good things are happening in our area.
The best thing about Elder Petrucka is that he’s the first companion I’ve had really that talks to strangers without me making him haha. We both have no fear when talking to random people about Jesus Christ, so it’s been really good. Sometimes though it’s not as normal and natural as it could be haha, but that’s okay. We were at Walmart, and since conference was around the corner, Elder Petrucka walked up to this guy and said “Do you believe in prophets?”. It was the cringiest thing mine eyes have ever beheld. The guy looked super irritated and confused. After a couple seconds of silence he was just like “I’m….not……..interested”. It was pretty funny! But yea it’s been a good time. We’ve both been working really hard. Nothing is more fulfilling to me than knowing at the end of the day that I gave it my all.
People we’re teaching
So yea there’s some really great people here in Litchfield. We’ve had a lot of success finding and teaching. One of our friends names is Mark. He is so awesome! He’s been married to a member forever and has always gone to church with her but has never joined, but he recently had a dream or vision or something that he needed to get baptized so now he’s speedily progressing.
Another lady named Kathie wants to get baptized after praying about it which is cool.
This other guy we met this week named RJ had a cool experience with the BOM. We saw him and some other people walking around in this field so we went and talked to them and long story short we taught them the restoration and gave them a BOM. We promised him the Book of Mormon was true and invited him to read and pray about 3 Nephi 11. Then the next day he texted us saying-
“..after we had our talk yesterday. I had a little bit of extra time b4 bed and I read the chapter 11. I woke up this morning with a bee job offer in another state making excellent money. I believe it was a sign and/or answering to my question last night. U was right, it is his book. I appreciate you both and I hope you have the same effect on others as u did me. I thank you for that. Now I am being rushed, I have only two days to get my things in order and hit the road. Prayers…”
So that was cool I guess!
But yea that’s just a small handful of those folks in this area. I’m happy to be here and I’m guessing I’ll be here in Litchfield for a pretty good while.
General Conference
The biggest highlight of the week was general conference! I haven’t been that excited since avengers endgame came out. But when I saw the intro to conference and heard that guy with the deep voice say “welcome to the 191st annual general conference…” I started to go nuts and in my head I could hear the avengers theme. I love conference so much!!! The talks were pretty fantastic. Our ZL’s live in a members mansion so we came up here to watch conference and it’s been real nice. But I’m excited to get back to Litchfield and get the work going again.
We had a couple of people say that they were going to watch conference, but after talking to them about it, I’m not sure if they really watched it. This one guy who we followed up with after conference definitely gave that impression. He said it was very good but all of his answers were super vague too. But I didn’t want to just assume that he was lying, so to know for sure I was like “how did you like the dancers?”. Then he was like “oh yea! The dancers! They were fantastic!”. I didn’t call him out haha but in my head I was definitely like . But it’s all good.
Spiritual Thought
For my spiritual thought today I just want to share my testimony of the power and importance of temples.
I don’t think a day has gone by in the mission field where I don’t think about how much I miss going to the temple. Looking back, my favorite memories from jr high/high school are easily when me and my friends would go there. Those were good times. I miss it so much. There’s just such a feeling of peace there that can't be found anywhere else.
I loved President Henry B. Eyring’s talk about temples in the Saturday morning session of conference too. There’s just so much power in the house of the Lord!
So in the last session of conference when President Nelson said he was about to announce 20 new temples, I lost it. So amazing! I started getting very teary eyed as he listed the names of places where temples would soon be available. Just super powerful stuff. Temples are literally dotting the earth as prophesied. Now more than ever! And I have the feeling that this is just a small beginning of the temples that are going to come. Temples are such a blessing.
So that’s it for my week. Hope you all have a good one. Feel free to email me if you want




No comments:
Post a Comment