Hey guys! This week was very interesting.
Rough Night
I really don’t have much to say. One super interesting thing was that we slept at the ZL’s apt a couple days ago and one of our ZL’s snored super loud for like an hour straight. But it wasn’t normal snoring. It sounded like those squeaky/wheezy chicken toys that you squeeze and then they just scream super loudly. It sounded just like that except it was coming out of his nose. It was the worst night of my life. I literally shed a tear over it. But he’s my ZL so I wasn’t about to hit him in the face with a pillow like I would with my family back home. But yea that was pretty eventful!
Mark
We had some good lessons with Mark this week. During one of our lessons we invited him to be baptized again and then together we all got on our knees to pray for a date. It was pretty cool because during the prayer I had a really strong thought that May 1st should be the date. After the prayer nobody was saying anything and then I was like “how bout May 1st” and both Mark and his wife were like “that’s what I was thinking!” so it was cool. And I love Mark so much. He is a Man of God and I honestly feel honored that the Lord has allowed me to work with him. Please please keep him in your prayers! Like right now, just pause reading for a second and get on your knees and pray that Mark will be able to get baptized on the 1st.
One of my biggest pet peeves is when people are like “we’ll pray for you” but like, are you actually going to pray for me? So whenever I tell anyone I’ll pray for them, I literally stop whatever I’m doing and me and my companion get on our knees and say a prayer. So if you guys would be willing to do that for Mark I would appreciate it. Prayer is how we receive revelation, and Heavenly Father wants to enlighten our minds, but he can’t if we won’t put in any effort. So yea prayer is important.
Chuck
Also we had a lesson with another guy named Chuck who is super awesome. I love that man. But he is a bit stubborn/lazy when it comes to keeping commitments. So at our lesson when he told us he hadn’t read the part in the BOM we left him, we told him we were going to leave for 30 minutes so he could read and pray about it, and then we would come back and have our lesson. He seemed a bit annoyed haha and said he still wouldn’t read it. So we just asked lots of inspired questions and it was good. We asked him to give us his word that he would read it before next time and he said he wouldn’t. But after bearing testimony some more and asking more questions to find out what his real issue is, he gave us his word that he would read it which was super awesome.
His wife is a member and she texted us after the lesson saying that no missionaries have ever pushed Chuck in the way that we did, and that it was inspired. So that was cool! We’re excited to meet with him again this week.
Dianna
We met this amazing lady named Dianna this week and had a really good lesson with her. She is the very definition of elect. She told us that she’s been praying for someone to teach her about who Jesus Christ really is and then she met us. So we had a great lesson on the restoration and she is solid. We are planning on inviting her to be baptized this week.
Other Stuff
We had lots of other lessons this week but those were probably the most interesting ones. Also this week I heard a rumor that my mission in the Dominican Republic is gonna start sending north americans over there so that was cool to hear. I honestly totally forgot that I was originally supposed to go there. So we’ll see if that happens soon.
Also we got vaccinated this week! I got to back to St. Louis and see a bunch of old mission friends, including my dad Elder Morgan! It was good to see him again.
Spiritual Thought
A couple months ago I was really frustrated feeling like the mission was changing me, but now looking back at the past 9 months I have changed so much and it keeps going. The mission has totally broke me and it’s made me a better man so it’s good stuff.
Also for my spiritual thought this week, I just want to testify to you guys of the prophet Joseph Smith. I’ve been reading a book called “Brother Joseph” and it is so dang good. That man was a LEGEND. Every time I think about him I get teary eyed. I’m so grateful for what he did to bring the gospel into our lives. And God was so hard on him. I feel bad. He just felt like a failure most of his life and was constantly chastised. But really all of those trials were what made him great.
I love and respect Joseph Smith with all my heart, but most importantly, I want to testify of Jesus Christ. My eyes out here in the mission are opening, and now there is nowhere I look without seeing the savior in it. He is really the light and life of the world. I know he’s going to come again soon.
That’s about it for this week. Love you all!
-Elder Wride
No comments:
Post a Comment