Saturday, August 22, 2020

Week 6 - Last Week of MTC

This week was awesome! Honestly more happened this week than any other but for some reason I don’t have as much to say as I usually do. I’m actually busy pulling stuff together for when I fly out on Tuesday so I’m gonna keep this email brief. 

I am officially done with online MTC. Wow, muy loco. It was actually amazing and I wouldn’t have done the MTC differently. Last night I felt like I was watching the last office episode. It was super sad. At the very end of the zoom, nobody would leave. Then, I, (being the alpha of the group), left first. It was muy triste. I’m gonna miss those guys. Such studs and my testimony has grown more in the past 6 weeks than at any other time in my life. 

So, funny story, when all of the temples opened I emailed every single one of them trying to get an appointment....except vernal. I looked up the Vernal Utah Temple, saw that it was brown, small, and 3 hours away and thought “nah I’d rather just not get endowed before I leave”. Super messed up, right? Well the Lord definitely has a sense of humor, because the only temple that was able to make an appointment with us was Vernal. I didn’t even email them, but after losing hope of getting endowed somewhere else, my mom was able to get the appointment scheduled. At first I was honestly kinda bummed, but then realized what an answer to prayer that was. I was praying for a temple appointment, and that’s what I got! And I didn’t want to go down alone so knowing that Elder Pugsley also needed an appointment I scheduled one for him that same day. 

So on wednesday we made the drive down to vernal. Elder Pugsley had his appointment at 10:30 in the morning and mine was at 5:15 in the afternoon. It was awesome.
I have a special connection to the Vernal temple.
As soon as you step inside, you could be in any temple in the world. The feeling inside is always the same. So yea I got endowed and it’s great.
My older sister Melodie got endowed with me as well, and we had a bunch of family come too.
Vernal is dope!!! Also funny story, my comp’s older brother told him that he was gonna have to kill a goat in the temple and he totally believed it. I was the first elder in my district to get endowed, and when they asked me how it was I told them “don’t forget that you have to bring your own goat”. But in all honesty, the temple was fabulous. 


Also this week I did a tour of the provo MTC!
My dad just knows the MTC president so he hooked us up. We also went with our friend Father David.
It was super neat to check out the MTC, but even after being there, I’m happy with the MTC experience I had. MTC map -
Also while I was on campus I ran into one of my MTC teachers Hermano Hernandez!
It was pretty sick. 


Anyways yea I have to get going so I don’t have a whole lot else to say. On Sunday I gave my farewell talk, so I’ll attach that talk in another email later today for anyone that wants to read it. That will be my spiritual thought for the week to enlighten you all. Because of Covid stuff I wasn’t able to really invite anyone, but yea if you want to read the talk I’ll send it out.  

Me and my district dancing. We do this a lot, kinda our thing
Me and Elder Pugsley at senior sunrise. 
I remember thinking what life was gonna look like a year down the road. Would never have guessed things would look like this. Crazy stuff, but super exciting.
So this one's funny. Hermana had to leave class so she made Elder Nelson the host and he changed all of our names to Elder Snow so we were all fighting about who was the real one.

So in class a couple days ago hermana misspelled elder woolleys name to elder "wolley" so I was bored and made a meme out of it
Me and my boys elder pugsley, smith, lewis, and alton wright who is not an elder
my mom found a pic of my baptism and I thought I looked pretty funny so there you go
My district likes to catch each other opening our eyes during the prayer. Honestly I have no clue what was going on in my head or what I was looking at but Elder Snow snapped a pic real quick. 
Love all you guys! Next time you hear from me I'll be in Missouri with Elder P. It's gonna be un fiesta. The church is true!
--
- Elder Wride

No comments:

Post a Comment