We took Ethan to the airport dark and early this morning. I woke up at 3:25, he was awake and getting dressed. He said he got an hour of sleep. At 3:45 he was ready to go and went to give his siblings one last hug and kiss, or if they were too high on the bunk bed to reach, they got a little push and hollar. Eth hugging Natalie -
My mom came by to say goodbye, share her testimony and give him $20 for airport food, bye Grandma Hibbert!
Final hugs to Joseph and Mel before we drive him down. They were so nice to get out of bed to see him off.
At the airport.
They had a sign that said for only one parent to come in. Corey said I should go. Last hug from Corey -
A kiss for Peter (he was watching Barney on Corey's phone. Peter woke up and cried and cried as we were getting in the car at home, so we figured he'd be a stinker for Mel, so we brought him. Such a baby.)
Here he goes...
Taking the escalator down to check in.
There were people standing in line, so we got in line.
"I think I got it from here." I didn't leave "...or you can keep standing here too..." I stayed.
Checked the baggage in, elevator up, then he headed to go through security.
I stayed and watched until he was out of sight. He gave me one final wave before he left. He is going to do great things.











He's gonna be a totally different person the next time you see him in-person.
ReplyDelete