Hey what is up
This week wasn’t that exciting either. Just the same old zoom stuff. If anyone needs tips/hacks for zoom to make your calls interesting, hit me up. I figured out how to automatically freeze myself too so if I get called on and don’t know an answer I use that. Also I got glasses so don't be alarmed by the pictures.
1 - Bad TRC
2 - Spanish jokes
3 - How da spanish is goin
4 - District Battle
5 - guys with the boys
6 - New investigators/people interesting in learning more about the restored gospel
7 - testimony
1 - Me and Elder Hansen taught some TRC’s this week and absolutely botched them. I guess we just had the idea that the spirit would “guide” us in our lesson as an excuse to not prepare and watch safety zone. Turns out, if you don’t prepare, the spirit can’t help you teach! Who would have thought?! Our second lesson with “Rebeccah” went from: angels, to the apostasy, to Moroni 10:4-5, to the first vision, and then we ended it off with a little discussion about the millennium. Then we invited her to pray or something. Pretty dope lesson eh? Well I think she was confused, and so were we. After you do a TRC you have to fill out a form putting your answers as what you think the person you taught put, and then they send you an email comparing them.
Pretty hilarious. I guess the spirit wanted her to learn about the 1000 year reign of Christ on the earth. And I guess we missed the part where we had to type something and put “null” somehow I don’t know. On that note, if anyone here wants to know more about the millennium, me and Elder Hansen would be thrilled to share what we know with you!
2 - When I get really bored in a zoom I send spanish jokes into the chat and everyone dies. Here are some of the jokes I put:
1 - Bad TRC
2 - Spanish jokes
3 - How da spanish is goin
4 - District Battle
5 - guys with the boys
6 - New investigators/people interesting in learning more about the restored gospel
7 - testimony
1 - Me and Elder Hansen taught some TRC’s this week and absolutely botched them. I guess we just had the idea that the spirit would “guide” us in our lesson as an excuse to not prepare and watch safety zone. Turns out, if you don’t prepare, the spirit can’t help you teach! Who would have thought?! Our second lesson with “Rebeccah” went from: angels, to the apostasy, to Moroni 10:4-5, to the first vision, and then we ended it off with a little discussion about the millennium. Then we invited her to pray or something. Pretty dope lesson eh? Well I think she was confused, and so were we. After you do a TRC you have to fill out a form putting your answers as what you think the person you taught put, and then they send you an email comparing them.
Pretty hilarious. I guess the spirit wanted her to learn about the 1000 year reign of Christ on the earth. And I guess we missed the part where we had to type something and put “null” somehow I don’t know. On that note, if anyone here wants to know more about the millennium, me and Elder Hansen would be thrilled to share what we know with you!
2 - When I get really bored in a zoom I send spanish jokes into the chat and everyone dies. Here are some of the jokes I put:
Que hace un pez?
-nada
What do you say when your dad leaves for the city?
-CIU-DAD
¿Cuál es la fruta más divertida?
-Naranja ja ja ja
¿Qué dijo la tina mexicana?
-Yo soy la tina
That last one I got a thumbs up ovation. Hermana Israelson usually likes to avoid encouraging my unfocused behavior, but she was so proud of me and it wasn’t until like a minute after I sent it in the chat that she understood it but she laughed really hard.
3 - Spanish is going really well. I’ve learned more spanish in 4 weeks than 4 years in school. My teacher said that me and Elder Hansen sound like we’ve been on our missions for 6 months teaching spanish which is awesome to hear. I just need to work out the conjugations more and expand my vocabulary, but I can understand what people say to me and can keep a conversation flowing well. Just want to learn new words so I can sound more fluent. Super stoked Elder Hansen is my comp because we’re at the exact same level in spanish. We’ve been doing better in our spanish TRC’s than our english ones. Also Elder Hansen drank Coke yesterday. Please keep him in your prayers.
4 - Yesterday Hermana Israelson couldn’t make it so we had to combine with another district. It was madness. I don’t know why, but seeing a guy you don’t know on zoom creates bad feelings. My district was not having it. Yea we’re supposed to be christlike, but there were some competitive vibes going around, everyone trying to prove that they're the alpha male. It was pretty calm at first, until one of the Elders from the other district (Elder Thompson) set his profile picture as my boy Elder Snow from our district with a pen up his nose. I was furious. Elder Hansen officially declared war on August 7th, 2020, at approximately 7:28:14 pm. I took a screenshot of Elder Thompson and put myself in his room, then completely turned myself into him and changed my name to “hermana thompson”. The next couple hours was just them screenshotting us and trying to roast us in spanish in the chat. We won obviously. I got put into one-on-one breakout rooms with a couple of them and they are all super chill when it’s just one. But all together it gets competitive. It was also probably more competitive because it was Hermano Hernandez teaching and both districts wanted him to like them more than the other. At the end of the call though Hermano H said he likes us more. Let’s go baby!!!----DISCLAIMER----

5 - Yesterday me and two of my favorite people (Elder Andrew Smith and Elder Truman Pugsley) went to five guys which was neat. It was a spiritual feast. But then the music in the restaurant started to get a little too upbeat and talked about romantic feelings which was scary. We wanted to go and tell them to turn it down, but instead we just plugged our ears while eating our burgers. Also don't mind the leg.

6 - Okay cool spiritual thought real quick. So most of you know that before I graduated and started my mission, I went to Lancaster CA to sell pest control. While I was down there, I talked to lots of people about the restored gospel. Yesterday I was thinking about some of the people I talked to, and just had a thought that I should give them a call and see if I could schedule a zoom lesson. I called two people, and they both said we can teach them. How awesome is that?! And my boys (shoutout to Talmage, Troy, and Joseph) are still in California selling so I can have them run stuff over there if I need to. Pretty neat. I’m looking forward to talking with them again! Make sure to keep Frieda and Urijah in your prayers.
7 - This week has also been a spiritual feast. I don’t have any doubts in my mind that this church is true. It’s an amazing feeling. I think being a missionary makes that extra clear. I’ve done a lot of study in the Bible and “A Marvelous Work and a Wonder” by LeGrand Richards. It’s insane. The Bible is just as strong of a testament that this is Christ’s church as the Book of Mormon is. If anyone wants to talk religiously, hit me up. I love the church and I love that I get to study all day everyday. The time is flying by and I wish I had more time in the day to study.
Also I got my flight plans!!! Me and Elder Pugsley fly out at 6 am on August 25th so that’s awesome. Gonna be a good time.
Love all you guys and would love to hear how it’s going back there in good ol’ Utah….oh wait
Also don't be alarmed by the airpod pic. I'm listening to MoTab
--
- Elder Wride
No comments:
Post a Comment