Klk bacanos
Maria
Last month we met this kid and he kept interrogating me about what my actual name is but I didn’t want to tell it to him so I thought it would be funny if I told him that my name is Maria. After telling him that I told him he can’t tell anybody else because I’m self conscious. That was like a month ago and I totally forgot that I had told him that, but yesterday we saw him and he was like ‘’Hola Maria!!’’ and I was confused at first but it was funny.
Baptism by Kool Aid
My companion is kind of a clown and tricked me into thinking that he got re-baptized as a missionary. He told me that when he was 8 and got baptized that some kid had dumped kool aid in the water but he got baptized anyway. He then told me that as a missionary he was studying baptism and felt prompted that he needed to be baptized again because the first time he was baptized by kool aid. So he asked his mission president and his mission president had him get rebaptized but not in kool aid. He was super genuine about it and I totally believed it. But looking back, I feel dumb for believing him. That was like two weeks ago that he had told me that story but I didn’t find out it was all a lie until this week. I was kind of upset.
The Mountain
This email is kinda rushed because we went on a hike today at the puerto plata mountain. It was really cool, except the uber who drove us up the mountain was really annoyed with us for making him drive up there and long story short we ended up having to hike down the mountain by ourselves in proselyting clothes. That took most of the day. I’m totally beat right now. But it was worth it because of the sick pictures that we were able to take up there. I don’t have time to upload them all this week but it was pretty sweet.
New Years
New years eve was terrible. They blasted music the entire night and I didn’t fall asleep till like 3 and then I was super sick the next morning. That’s it.
Spiritual Thought(s)
Things have been super great here in Puerto Plata though. Sometimes I genuinely feel like Ammon when he said that he might preach unto the people there until the day he died. I really really hope I stay here in Puerto Plata long enough to see all of my friends make the progress I know they can get with time. I was sick on new years day with a bad fever so our mission mom had us stay home for the evening. I felt terrible. I just wanted to go out and teach. The next day (and even right now) I don’t feel great physically but I just need to be out teaching or I’m going to lose my mind. I love these people so much. There’s been a couple times visiting with someone where I just want to cry thinking about how much I love them. That sounds kinda weird and they probably don’t really care about me, but I love these people with my whole soul. I am definitely happier when I focus more on them than on myself.
I know I said last week that I would go through all of the friends who we’re teaching in detail but I don’t have time again. But the work is amazing. I love going out and being guided by the spirit. I feel like I’m getting really good at following it. It just feels so natural knowing exactly who to talk to and exactly what to say. It’s super fun.
I have so much going through my head that I want to share but sorry. I don’t have the time or patience. But I do think it’s been really insightful for me to see people here contradicting themselves. Everybody believes in God, Christ, the Bible, etc. But then they deny other things that they should believe assuming that they believe in God.
Anybody who claims to believe in Jesus Christ has to believe in the Book of Mormon. They are inseparable. Just so you know. And if you don’t believe me, you’re just wrong. But you’ll understand if you’ll read the book.
There is an amazing family that we’re teaching that I love so much. Her name is Solanye. She is so genuine and really wants to know what’s right, but is struggling with doing the basic things that will help her to know if what we’re teaching her is true.
We read one of my favorite verses with her. Mosiah 4:9. It says
´´9 Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend´´
After we read it, we asked her: do you believe in God? Do you believe that he created all things? Do you believe that he has all wisdom? Etc. She said yes to all of them. Then we read this part from verse 10 of the same chapter-
‘’if you believe all these things see that ye do them.’’
If any of you believe in God, then make sure you’re keeping His commandments. Our actions are really what show what we believe. So do that.
The power is out again and the phone is gonna die so I g2g. But I love you all very much. Sorry if I am bad at responding. You can still email me though
Adiós
Elder Wride
No comments:
Post a Comment