Hola amigos
I don’t have a lot to say this week
Trio Life
I got put in a trio again. I kinda hate trios. But it’s whatever. Another new missionary. It’s kinda fun though because they believe everything you say at first. I told our new comp that I am 26 and a convert. I also told him that I was married before I joined the church and have two kids back home. But I left it all behind to go on a mission. It was kinda funny. He believed it for a couple of hours. But then he saw a picture of me and Elder Pugsley holding a sign that says “class of 2020” and about lost his mind. But it’s fun. The main reason being in a trio is lame is because now we have 5 elders in our apartment and not a lot of water. But it’s pretty fun!
Yasmin + La Iglesia
We had a big miracle with our friend Yasmin last week. I remember telling you guys that we had 16 friends come to church last week. One of those was Yasmin and her kids. This week we found out the miracle behind her coming to church.
Last Sunday we went out before church to swing by and confirm that they were coming. We stopped by Yasmin who is on date for baptism. She answered the door and said that she and her kid were sick. It was actually really cool, but we felt the Spirit lead us with what to say. we said,
“Yasmin, as worthy servants of the Lord Jesus Christ, we are allowed to make promises in His behalf and know that he will do His part. So we promise you in the name of Jesus Christ that if you put your faith in God and come to church despite feeling sick, God will heal you so that you can come”
It was cool! And then she came to church and I kinda forgot about the whole thing. Then last week we had a lesson with her and she told us that after we made her that promise, she decided to put her faith in God and come to church. She said that the minute she walked in the church building her sons fever went away and her sore throat went away too. Kinda neat!
Mi Familia Favorita
My favorite family got baptized! The one’s I talked about last week. I was so happy! I love them all so much. They are probably the best family I have taught on my mission.
This week was great at church too. We had a bunch of investigators again, and the best part was to have every friend sitting with a member. I love this area SO MUCH. I literally cannot imagine a better place to live as a missionary. I feel so blessed.
I did not do a great job of documenting this week so that’s probably all i’m gonna put. Also don’t be alarmed at the picture of the guy's legs. We went back to check on him later and he was just drunk. He’s good now.
I love the Dominican Republic! I love the Gospel! I love you guys!!!
Bye!
Elder Wride
No comments:
Post a Comment