Monday, August 2, 2021

que lo que

 Heyyyy que lo que. Hope you’re all doing good. 

Los Insectos

A miracle this week was that I got a mosquito net! So now I can sleep without any sheets and not die from bug bites. It’s been great. Another nice thing was that while we were walking home one night we stopped by a colmado to buy some jugo de pera and saw that they had a bug zapper thing. I bought it right away. So now I have my bug zapper with me at all times while in the apt and it’s really fun to kill all the weird bugs flying around and to see the electricity zap them. I accidentally already zapped myself twice with it and it killed but I’m recovering. While we were doing a comp study a giant black wasp flew into the apartment and I about lost it. My comp had never seen me so animated. I yelped pretty loudly and sprinted as fast as I could to the other room but the floor was recently mopped so I just scampered on the floor for a second but was able to find shelter okay. But yea bugs here have been a problem but I’m feeling better about it now. 


La Obra

We’ve been super super busy. All day every day is just going at it 100% and it’s exhausting but we get a lot done. It’s been kinda tricky because everybody is totally happy to talk to us so we have to let the spirit guide us as to how we should use our time. It’s been interesting to talk to people about God and our message, to have them agree with everything we say, but then to decline living it for themselves. One conversation went like this-

 “So you think it’s important to follow God?”

“Yes!”

“So when God asks us to do something, we should do it, right?”

“Yes!”

“So will you guys come to church with us on Sunday?”

“Uhhhhh no”


It’s a matter of being “doers of the word, and not hearers only” (James 1:22–25). Nobody really questions the existence of God or anything, it’s just hard to help a lot of them live his commandments. 

But we have had some really great people we’ve been able to talk to and some really great interactions. We are teaching all day every day so it’s been really good. We also had a lot of people come to church on Sunday. 

There was this one family we’ve been teaching that we really wanted to come to church. They said they would, but we had the feeling that we should go to their house and double check. So on Sunday morning we sprinted over to their house before church started and woke them up and they were able to come! It was great to see them there and all of the members welcomed them really well. 

I can hardly keep track of everybody we’re teaching but it’s going good. One of our friends Jeremy will hopefully get baptized this week. 

The hardest thing this week was that my family was on vacation in Park City which is kinda my favorite place on earth. Throughout the week they were sending videos of them all hanging out and I was feeling pretty trunky for a bit haha. 

Every year at the Park City resort on thursday evening me and my brothers would play saxophone with the band there. Well on Thursday this week we ended up walking by a saxophone shop and I got to play the saxophone with this guy and then we taught him the restoration. It was a cool experience. 


Pensamiento Espiritual

This week was better for sure. It’s just a big adjustment but I’m learning and growing. During one of my personal studies I took a minute to read some old letters that I have with me from friends and family that I’ve collected over the years. I was reading one that my dad had written to me back when I was 14 years old and on Trek. If you don’t know what trek is, it’s when you dress like a pioneer and walk around in the heat for a couple days with wagons and stuff to better appreciate what the pioneers went through. So it was rough. My dad had written this letter and the leaders of the Trek activity handed out these letters at one of the hardest parts of the trek. Reading this as a missionary, I couldn’t help but cry. It was pretty special!


“Ethan, soon enough you will be back home, clean, enjoying a nice meal and relaxing in a very luxurious house. Then soon enough again, you’ll be a missionary somewhere crazy trying to convince a foreign people to join the church.

Enjoy wherever you are in the moment.”


Love you all very much

Email me if you can and I will try and respond

Ciao












No comments:

Post a Comment