Hey howdy hey y'all
This week was rough. Or as the people here in Paris spell it, “ruff”
Dusty!
A big highlight for this week and my mission so far has been Dusty. She is amazing! You can tell the gospel has totally clicked with her, which has been my prayer for 8 months so it’s nice to see some progress there haha. She said she’s not waking up mad anymore, she’s smiling more, and life is just so much better. That was super cool to hear, because our first lesson she mentioned how she wished she could have the same bright countenance she see’s reflected in members of our church, and we promised her that as she moved forward with the gospel, other people would see that same light in her. Since then she has told us that multiple people have remarked to her about how different and happy she seems. She was on date for March 20th but since then asked if we could do it sooner. She is ready!
Church Callings
So in one of our lessons with Dusty we were teaching her about church callings and we mentioned how God will use her talents to help build his kingdom. Then she started going off about how much she loves animals and in my head I was like “shoot we don’t have any callings for animal loving people”. Then, I realized that we do. I was like,
“Ya know, Dusty, we have this part of the church called ‘Primary’. Your love for animals just might come in handy.”.
Ruff Week
Yea so I don’t know exactly what’s going on with me but it’s been ruff lately. I’m just kinda mad. I’ll wake up in the morning and just think “what is the point of this”. And same thing when I go to bed. Sometimes I feel like I’m wasting my time trying to share the gospel with nobody that wants to listen. I also just really wish we could go tracting. I fell in love with knocking doors doing summer sales haha and it would be so awesome. I just want to get OUT and yea.
So yea it’s been “ruff”. Reading in D&C 6 though helped a lot. Especially the last verse. Just remembering that I just need to be faithful and obedient right now, and eventually things will work out.
So that’s my week haha. The mission is full of ups and downs. But at the same time, there is literally no where I would rather be (besides the DR). My family sends me funny videos of them hanging out and I love and miss them, but at the same time, I truly have no desire whatsoever to be home. My biggest desire since day one of being a missionary is for God to make this mission every good thing it’s capable of being. Sometimes it just feels like I’m the only one trying idk.
But yea it’s all good I will come back like I always do haha. Love you all and never hesitate to email me if you so choose.
Ciao








No comments:
Post a Comment