This is my email for last week. I sent it out but my phone glitched out big time for some reason and it didn't actually send. So here ya go
------------------------------
Mar 1st -
Hey tweakers
I don’t have a lot of time this week because I’m tryna hit up some spikeball (pro) right now haha
Muscle Man
Bounce Skrrt Dip
Lil Spiritual Moment
Other Stuff
Muscle Man
We were doing service at this store and the door got jammed and nobody could open it. Then I took my 15 pounder bowling arm and yanked it open like a piece of cake. The lady there now calls me “muscle man” on occasion haha. I was on an exchange with Elder Lewis at the time and he always makes fun of me for being “weak” so it was a happy moment for me. He tried to tell the lady who thinks I’m shredded that I have tiny arms but she’s mostly deaf so she couldn’t hear him. So it was good! I was pleased.
Bounce Skrrt Dip
So our very good friend Dusty is progressing fantastically and accepted an invitation to be baptized on March 20th! Two days before transfers and two days before my birthday haha. The other day we were in a lesson with her and at the end of the lesson I told her that we had to “bounce”, not remembering that the older generation isn’t familiar with that language. She was big time confused but I explained to her that it just meant we had to leave. She was still confused so I bounced on the couch like a trampoline for a better visual.
Another day instead of saying that we had to “bounce” I said we had to “dip” and she was confused again haha. Not sure how to explain it this time I just told her to think of dipping a chip into some queso and then you pull it out of the dip, therefore, you “dip”. Right there I figured I might as well explain all the other slang terms like “skrrt” and “yeet” and stuff haha. Anyways so that was good I guess!
Lil Spiritual Moment
We were in a lesson with a lady who we have been trying to visit for ever. We don’t want to stop coming but she’s kinda been ignoring us and it’s been really hard to contact her. One night, we just decided to try and see her again, and she answered! We talked to her about stuff she’s going through and she opened up saying that God hasn’t seemed to answer her prayers despite how many times she prays for help. Then I was like,
“When was the last time you prayed for God to send you help?”
“Right after dinner” she said.
“What time did we knock on your door?”
You could see the wheels start turning in her head and through tears laughed and said “a few minutes after I prayed” . It was just a cool moment realizing that God most often answers our prayers through others. I don’t doubt for a second that the gospel is the key to her problems. The only issue as of now is helping her see that.
Other Stuff
Missions are really hard you guys! But they are also super fun. I laugh a lot but I also feel like a total failure most of the time too haha. It’s a constant struggle between the Lord and the natural man inside of me, but I am sincerely doing the best I can and I have complete confidence that the Lord will fulfil his promises and do what he said he will do. It’s such a trying experience that I love and am so grateful for. I am setting the foundation for the rest of my life out here.
We had a zoom call with the youth to talk about our missions, and only being out like 8 months I didn’t really know what to say, so I just told it to 'em straight and was like “they are really hard and you’re going to struggle the whole time”. I’m not sure they liked that answer haha. Mostly because one kiddo didn’t mute himself accidentally so I heard him tell his mom “did you hear him? He said if you go on a mission you will struggle the whole time!” haha. But yea it’s totally true. But it’s all good because there’s no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone. I have dreams occasionally where I’m near the end of my mission and I get super depressed haha. I know that when the time comes I won’t want to leave. And I do feel that way now. It’s hard and stuff but really I have no desire to be anywhere else (except maybe the DR). I am SO grateful the Lord has sent me here to learn these things. I really do love being a missionary even if I don’t always realize it.
I’ve also started reading the book “Saints: Volume 1” again and I absolutely love it. This church is so true and the work is so real! Grateful that I can make this my focus 24/7.
So folks, just remember that Jesus Christ lives and he is your savior. Please don’t forget how important this all is. Nothing will bring you greater satisfaction than living this Gospel.
I love you guys so much. There’s just one exception (you know who you are). Haha jk I love you all TAN MUCHO.
And there really is a ton of other stuff going down out here but I don’t have time or motivation to tell it to you haha. But the mission is definitely making me a better man.
Hope you have a great week and stuff
CIAO








No comments:
Post a Comment