Monday, March 15, 2021

I'm not a scammer (8 months today!)

 Sup weekly!

So not sure what’s been going on with my email but my weekly’s have been showing up in peoples spam saying that I’m “dangerous”. I’m not trying to scam you guys I promise. So yea sorry about that. 

But yea another week just absolutely flew by. I cannot believe how fast time is moving. I hit 8 months today! That’s just absolutely nuts. But yea this week was interesting so here you go. 


Logistical Stuff

Whoops

Dusty


Logistical Stuff

So I don’t have any super noteworthy stories unfortunately. Most of the week was just us talking to people about Jesus and them not wanting to talk to us haha. It was pretty fun though. One of my favorite parts of being a missionary is talking to strangers. I only wish I had more opportunities to do it. We were driving back home yesterday and I saw another tweaker walking so we pulled over and asked how he was doing. Poor tweaker was stunned about the whole situation. He also looked like he just had some pasta or something because his mouth had pasta stains haha. But yea he said no to hearing about Jesus but idk it was just really funny for some reason. 

But yea so lots of that this week. Also had some exchanges and some meetings and stuff. So nothing too exciting 


Whoops

We were meeting with a friend who needed us to help get some stickers off of their wall because they couldn’t do it without peeling the wall paint off. Well apparently we couldn’t either because it didn’t turn out too hot. I’ll attach a photo. But we tried our best and came back a couple days later with some wall fixing stuff so it’s all good. 


Dusty

In addition to people rejecting us, a very big portion of our time this week was spent inviting people to Dusty’s baptism tonight! So many people were coming and it was going to be so awesome. But, yesterday everything fell apart when she got tested positive for covid! It was an interesting moment. Me and Elder Powell were both just like “well that’s an oof”. We know she’ll get baptized eventually, but now she’s under quarantine for two weeks and transfers are next week, so that means that one of us won’t be here for the baptism. This is kinda tough because she really wanted us both to be here for it, and so did we. But Dusty is without question the best investigator I have ever taught on my mission and I know that she will push through.

But long story short, she is really sad right now because of the whole situation. So we called her yesterday and we read some scriptures with her and watched the Book of Mormon Tree of Life video. As we were watching it she started to stop crying. Then at the end of the video we were like “how do you feel?”. Then she said pretty calmly “well I don’t feel sad anymore”. 

That line just blew my mind haha. Because it’s so true! The gospel makes us “not feel sad anymore”. 


But yea I seriously love Dusty so much. I never really understood what people meant before by “love the people” but I think I do now. Earlier in my mission I was just so focused on not sending in 0-0-0-0 for key indicators that I kinda forgot the whole purpose of it all. Since I have stopped making the work about myself, I have become a different man. It’s good stuff!


Another thought I wanted to share…

I read this scripture yesterday and thought it was super profound. This goes to any of you guys that are struggling spiritually and don’t think you know if this Gospel is true. It’s in a revelation directed to Oliver Cowdry after he’s questioning yet again whether or not the Book of Mormon he’s been writing from Joseph Smith's dictation is true. D&C 18:2-


“Behold, I have manifested unto you, by my Spirit in many instances, that the things which you have written are true; wherefore you know that they are true”


This gave me goosebumps when I read it. The number of times that God has impressed upon my heart by the spirit that these things are all true is innumerable. And we have all had that experience as well. But, because we’re human, we forget these things. 


Never forget it! It’s true! Don’t forget it! You can have questions but don’t give up on the Savior. Just be faithful, keep the commandments, and in time it will all make sense to you!


I bear my testimony to you guys that the Book of Mormon is true. Don’t ask yourself weird and unimportant questions. Just ask yourself if the Book of Mormon is true and every other question gets answered. 


Okay y’all hope you have a great week. Email me if you so desire ✌



OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS
-I got some cool frozone type glasses
-my brother Joseph is dating a woman and she is bowler so that's a relief
-cool pic of the sunset I took

-Elder Wride

No comments:

Post a Comment