(Ethan was set apart on July 15th, so this past Friday he passed 6 months on his mission!)
What’s up weekly
This week was pretty decent. Not much happened honestly. Probably because this week felt like it was 5 minutes long. No joke. It is insane how fast time is moving out here.
Comps
Youth Night
Missionary Stuff
Cosas Espirituales
Comps
One of the most interesting things about my mission thus far is having another dude attached to me 24/7. This week we were at a zone council thing and while we were sitting there my comp asked if I had a crayon. I had my scripture markers with me which are basically crayons, but I didn’t want to just give it to him so I was like “what for?”. “I’m hungry” he said. I was like mega confused but gave it to him anyways thinking that he probably just needed to mark something in his scriptures but was telling me he wanted it because he was hungry to be weird. So yea I gave him one of my markers. I didn’t pay attention to what he was doing with it, but a couple seconds later he tapped me to return my marker. He was being serious when he said he was hungry, because I got my scripture marker back and there was just a huge chomp taken out of the bottom. It took me a second to process what he had just done and then I kinda flipped out. Like what the heck elder?! Anyways haha that was an interesting experience I had to share. Comps are a good time. But in all honestly I love my comp and we are having a fantastic time.
Youth Night
So we had another youth night zoom call. Instead of doing a scavenger hunt, we did pictionary. Everybody got turns drawing something and then everyone else would text in the chat what they thought it was and so forth. Well, like most of the activities I’m in charge of, by the end I lost motivation and I feel bad having anyone lose, so I asked if anyone felt they were treated unfairly and wanted more points. A lot of people wanted more points for some reason. So I had them all privately message me how many points they wanted. It was nuts. Some kid put something like 9,000,000,000 ^9,000,000,000 and yea. Then it got kinda ridiculous because I was getting attacked by point requests, so after a while I just had everybody vote for who they wanted to win. It took a little while to come to a consensus, but we eventually found a winner. Also some of the drawings people did for pictionary were wack.
Missionary Stuff
So yea teaching wise this week was decent. I officially hit 6 months which was neat. In honor of 6 months I went through my photos and honestly got kinda depressed because I’ve done a really bad job of taking pics with people we teach. So I kinda made a resolution to myself that I would start getting more pictures with those that we teach. But yea we had three people drop us this week which was fun.
Also our 3 people on date are now off date. Also a guy we’re teaching sent us a rap he made and it was really weird. It was decent until he started dropping the F bomb all over the place so we turned it off and texted him asking if he had a clean version. He didn’t text us back and seems to be avoiding us hardcore right now so we might have to drop him next week haha. Also we did an exchange this week and I went with an Elder who was in Argentina for a fat minute so we spoke a lot in spanish. I am honestly decently fluent! We taught a couple lessons in spanish and talked to a couple peeps at walmart in spanish and it was cool to literally feel the gift of tongues take off. This one lady we taught, I literally felt my tongue be loosed or whatever because my spanish was poppin’ off. But yea at the end of the exchange I was really hungry so I stopped to get myself a pizza. I paid for it, got my food, and we were about to leave. Then the lady asked my companion if he wanted anything. Then my comp turned to me and was like “that’s for both of us, right?”. It broke my heart. I almost started crying. I was so hungry and all I wanted was to have this pizza to myself. After a second I was like “...yes.”. I was depressed the rest of the day. But overall it was a good time.
Oh also I got a text from president this week saying that someone I taught in my last area was getting baptized so I was able to join the zoom call for that! It was really emotional and I may have shed a tear. The spirit was super strong.
Cosas espirituales
This week we had a mission devotional with Elder Rasband that was insane. One of his quotes that really hit me because it describes everyone we’re teaching was-
“You will find those that will want to hear your message of treasures in heaven, but will not be willing to give up that which they prize on earth.”
This has been the pattern of my mission. People who want the gospel in their lives, but aren’t willing to give up the vain things of the world. This one chick we had on date for baptism that we talked to yesterday said “I’m sorry but I just love nicotine too much”. Makes me really sad! But yea that’s the problem with people here. They just love the things in this world more than they love God sometimes.
That’s kinda it really for this week. Nothing too exciting going on. Mission life is flying by! I know the Book of Mormon is true and I know that if you make the gospel the primary influencer in your life you can become every good thing you ever wanted to be.
Have a good week folks











No comments:
Post a Comment