Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Set Apart

Ethan was scheduled to be set apart on Tuesday night, but we had to postpone it because his little brother Wesley was waiting to get back test results for Covid (we had a bunch of sick kids on Monday). Ethan was gone with friends when we told him we got Wes tested and so his setting apart was on hold. He moaned "Noooo!!! I just want this to end!" (Covid to end so the mission and life can start again). I tried to call to get the results, but it was all automated over the phone and the message me to basically just wait if it hasn't been 5 days yet. Blah... well, good news came via text from our pediatrician at 11:15 - Wes texted negative! Yay!!! I didn't see the text until 12:45, and I hurried and called to let Ethan know. He hurried and called the Stake President and set up an appointment to be set apart at 3:45. Life is moving again! He decided to do a mission haircut. I was glad for my chance to give him one with the clippers, since he usually wants it done with scissors so I don't cut it too short. Today I was able to go all the way short though! It was much faster, which I appreciated.
The cut was done quickly, then he showered and got ready. We called and texted our parents to let them know. They were here at 3:45. We all wore masks. Soon we had a new missionary in our midst!
Hugs for grandparents after he was set apart.
How do you feel Ethan... I mean "Elder Wride"?
He said he definitely felt different. "I feel like I have a target on my back..." Well, you kinda do, but you've also got extra angel body guards helping you out now, so you'll be good. He had his first MTC zoom at 4:30, so he got set apart just in time! He was off to the MTC in the basement. Ethan will be going to do MTC at Corey's parents house soon, as soon as we're all better. Ethan shared a spiritual thought during scriptures tonight.
He did a good job trying to teach us, with the usual interruptions that come from our big group sharing all their little thoughts. Near the end, as Ethan testified of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ, Natalie said "What if it's not true..." Ethan struggled to keep his train of thought on track but also reply to her and said "...It is... No more comments from you..." Ethan and I after prayer, writing down the 5 things that a Moxie pest control guy shared with us to help us be successful in life: Integrity, Gratitude, Work Hard, Keeep Commitments, Perseverance. He was writing other notes in his journal that he learned today.
Looking good Elder Wride. He made it to bed by 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment