Monday, June 13, 2022

Mormon = Hell's Gate 😈(apparently)

This week I don’t really have a good update for you. It went by really fast.


Saved a kid’s life

Our area is on a mountain, so we are walking up and down hills all the time. On our way up a hill there was a kid (probably like 8) on a little bike that had no brakes cruising down the hill screaming for his life. The only brakes he had were his feet, and he wasn’t wearing shoes, so basically he was about to get wrecked. I saw him coming down and then moved myself to stand right in front of where he was coming, and he started to freak out even more haha. I put my foot out and the front of his little bike crashed into it, and he flew forward. But he is super tiny and with my reflexes I caught him with my left arm to keep him from flying into the pavement. It was pretty sick. But then I was confused because after I saved him he hopped on the bike and kept going. Hopefully he’s still alive. 


Victor

Last week I sent a voice message to a guy named Victor and invited him to church. I don’t even remember sending it, and it was sent like 5 days before we had church. I didn’t even tell him where it was or what time to be there. But he showed up last week and this week. We have been teaching him the gospel and it lights me up to see how much it lights him up.

He is defeated and broken about life. He told us how no matter where he goes he can’t quench his spiritual thirst. We told him he finally found it, and he is on date for the 25th. I hope he can make that date, but even if not, I have the faith he will get there eventually. 

It’s also super touching because he is so poor, but everytime we go he tries to give us everything. He even bought a chair for us so we didn’t have to sit on his cement blocks in his house. He also prepares snacks when we visit him. 

On Saturday night we visited him and he told us that he was sorry but wouldn’t be able to come to church the next day because he got called in to work the next morning. We then read the versus from the sermon on the mount. (3 Nefi 13, Matthew 6)

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient is the day unto the evil thereof.


He has no money, but he put his faith in the Lord and came to church the next day. I was super happy!


Cool Kid, mean basher

We found a lot of super cool people this week. One kid we found was walking around in a suit with a bible on the way to his pentocostal church, so we stopped and talked to him. He was way excited. We gave him a Book of Mormon and invited him to church, and he was super excited. We planned to meet up at 8:30 on Sunday morning at his pentocostal church to walk him to church. Bad idea. 

We went there Sunday morning and his pentocostal pastor forbade him to come to church with us and then they started bashing with the dumbest things I have ever heard. Worshipping Joseph Smith, denying Christ, stuff like that. One funny thing though was he told us that we changed the name of our church from the “Mormon” church to “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints”. We told him that’s always been the name, but people just use the nickname Mormon. He told us that wasn’t true, and said that we changed it because the dictionary definition for “Mormon” is “la puerta del infierno” (gate to Hell). That one was actually super funny haha. Like I actually thought that was funny. But he was being serious. Anyways this guy was being nasty, telling us that we aren’t true followers of Jesus Christ and such. Eventually we just ended it by telling him the truth - that he was rejecting the truth of our message in the same way that the Pharisees and everyone else rejected Jesus Christ. But walking away from it I was really mad, which leads me to my spiritual thought.


Spiritual Thought

I’ve read the Book of Mormon cover to cover many times, but I haven’t ever really studied the Bible a lot until the last few months. I have been going really in depth and it’s blown my mind how consistent even the Bible is with the Church. This is totally Christ's true church! That’s why that Pentocostal guy drove me so crazy, because you can’t logically believe in the Bible and not the Book of Mormon, nor the message we share as missionaries. It’s Christ’s message.

I know this is the true Church of Christ! I hope you all know that too. 


Bye

- Elder Wride








No comments:

Post a Comment