Hey guys! This week was pretty great! I now officially have one week left which is nuts.
And my Bluetooth keyboard that I've used to type these emails is officially broken so I can't say everything I would like because typing on the phone is lame, but here are the highlights.
Got 'em
Me and my companion were waiting for an investigator to come to the door. I saw an open lock sitting there and thought it would be funny to lock it on my companion's pants. I figured it would be a good laugh and then our investigador would have the key to unlock his pants. Well, she didn't, and we ended up having to cut his pants. I felt kinda bad but we both thought it was really funny.
Orlando
A couple weeks ago we sent a text to every member in our branch asking for referrals, and from that found the boyfriend of a member named Orlando. He is freaking awesome. They are getting married next month and are even living the law of chastity! He's getting baptized next week and I am super excited! More news on that next week.
Carmen
The biggest miracle of the week was Carmen. She is a super evangelical lady but her heart is so open to our message. My comp found her like last week on exchanges but we didn't really teach her much until this week. On Friday we taught her the plan of salvation, and holy cow it was amazing. She (and her two daughters) had the most amazing questions and I literally don't think I've had a more enjoyable time teaching the plan of God. She was taking notes like crazy and I think it blew her mind.
And before we taught the plan of salvation, she kept looking at me weirdly and saying that I looked so familiar and she felt like she's known me her whole life. Then she jokingly said, "maybe I knew you in heaven or something". I was like (little devil emoji) because a I know I promised people premortally I would take the Gospel to them. And then we taught her the plan of salvation and about the premortal life. I kept my promise.
But the miracle was on Saturday. We helped plan a big ward activity and invited all the members and everyone we're teaching to come. For the activity we watched the movie, Joseph Smith: prophet of the Restoration. Carmen was one of the 15 investigators that came to the movie! Which I was honestly pretty surprised she came. I was sitting on the same row as her, and thought I heard her crying. And yea, she was bawling her eyes out! I went and grabbed some tissues for her and she just cried and cried throughout the entire movie. The Spirit was so strong in there. But yea it was definitely one of the sweetest moments of my mission to look over and see the Spirit hitting her that hard. It hit me hard too. I knew again so clearly in that moment that what I've been doing the past two years really is the most important thing I could have been doing with my life.
After the movie ended I got to stand up and bear my testimony to everyone. I loved it. Then after the movie we all went outside and ate food, played games, etc. It was so amazing to see everyone all there together. I think I felt a taste of what being in the Celestial kingdom with everyone we love will be like. And Carmen was at church the next day as well.
Spiritual thought
I LOVE the Book of Mormon. I learn so much every day from it. One of the things I read this week that I loved was in Mormon 5:2. Mormon is talking about the battles and stuff going on and the situation about his army that he's trying to help. Talking about them he says -
"...But behold, I was without hope, for I knew the judgments of the Lord which should come upon them; for they repented not of their iniquities, but did struggle for their lives without calling upon that Being who created them.."
I've just realized that the Gospel we're preaching really does bless people's lives. It blows my mind how freaking stubborn people are, who will struggle with their problems and be so prideful to not call upon God to help them. But if we look to God, He always delivers us.
Reminds me of a message I got from Kaira this week. Her and her kids are los que (the ones that) got baptized a few weeks ago. She texted me late one night and said -
"No me voy a dormir sin antes decirte, que gracias por llegar a mi vida gris
y cambiarla por una vida de colores, como el arcoiris"
In English -
"I'm not going to sleep without first telling you, thank you for coming to my gray life and changing it for a life of colors, like the rainbow"
The Gospel has totally changed her life. And talking to her since her baptism she told us how much closer and happier her and her family are. She says they hug and kiss each other now and don't really know why, but they just do! That's the power of the Holy Ghost right there.
My response to Kairas text was - "Thank you for allowing the gospel we bring to change your lives for the better."
Kaira is one of hundreds and hundreds of people I have helped try to bring the message of the gospel to, but sadly she's only a small part of that group of people that accepted it. I've taught people who know it's true, but walk away from it. It's such a painful feeling for us missionaries. But on the other hand, when they accept it, words can't express the joy and satisfaction I feel.
Love y'all! I'm officially in my last week, so next week will be my last weekly. Prepárense
Bye!
Elder Wride








.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment