Monday, July 5, 2021

Week 50

Hey guys! It’s Elder Wride here for another update. 

Overall, this week was pretty tough. We’ve all been pretty depressed. But it’s all good because we’re learning a lot. There was so much that happened that I’d like to tell you but I have like zero time today so it’s gonna be brief. 

Elder Pugsley’s Nightmare

I thought this was funny. So the other night we were all laying in our beds asleep. Suddenly Elder Pugsley woke up, and according to him, he said he thought he saw me standing above him ready to attack. So he karate chopped the air to scare me away. But nobody was there. I think we’ve been together too long haha.

Baptisms

We got to do baptisms for the dead this week which was way fun. The last time I did baptisms was in March of 2020 with Elder Pugsley. So it was cool for us to go again and baptize each other as missionaries. I love going to the temple so much. 

Missionary Work

So this week was really hard because a lot of our friends that have been progressing so well are starting to fall away. Jennifer in particular is really struggling. The week started off well though. We taught her the Plan of Salvation this week and she started crying with joy when we told her that there isn’t just heaven and hell, but that God has provided a plan for all of His children to have the chance to accept His gospel and be put in a place where they will be comfortable. We told her how God loves all of His children and would not send someone off to burn in hell for all of eternity just because they didn’t have the chance to hear the gospel in their lifetime. 


But the adversary has really been working on her and at the end of this week she’s just been struggling a lot and doesn’t know if she can go forward with it all, even though she knows it’s true. Please keep her in your prayers. 


Our friends Sean and Johnathon are doing great. We had a lesson with them yesterday that kinda blew everyone’s minds. The spirit was very strong. We invited everyone in the room to be baptized and they said they would if they get a testimony of the Gospel. Now we just need to help them get their testimony. So we talked about the Book of Mormon and they are all committed to come to church and read. 


So we learned a lot this week. One memorable thing came while I was listening to a song recorded by MoTab. It’s from the movie “Prince of Egypt” and is called “Through Heaven’s Eyes”. I was feeling pretty down that night. I just wanted to disappear. But the lyrics to this song really got me. You guys should go listen to it.


But yea I love you guys! Hope you have a great week. 

  • Elder Wride











No comments:

Post a Comment