Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Week 23 - Sup people on my weekly

Sup

Not much to say this week. Nothing super interesting. My ukulele and spikeball pro came so that was fun. Since we’re in paris I learned how to play “Le Festin” from Ratatouille on the uke. It is so hype. 



Had some good teaching appointments this week. Met this guy named Brian and he’s on date for baptism which is neat. Debra isn’t on date anymore and we’re not really sure where she is currently. Oh me and my comp both bought spiderman masks which is also neat. After we bought them we decided to have a contest to see who could wear it the longest and the whole ordeal ended with us wrestling trying to yank the other persons mask off. (I won btw)


Also today I cut my own hair. It got really scary for a second but I think it looks okay now. 


Also this week we got in contact with these two kids who would have been baptized already but they lost contact with the missionaries, so we are working with them right now to help them get baptized. 


This week wasn’t super great. Key indicators wise, it was great. 5 new people, 2 at church, 1 invite for baptism, and one on date for baptism. But mentally, I’m getting kinda wrecked haha. The mantle of being a missionary is super heavy and sometimes it feels like my back is about to snap. But I’ll just keep going and things will work out. They always have.


One thing that helped me this week was the song “Climb Every Mountain” from the sound of music by Tabcats. Made me feel more determined to keep pushing. Also yesterday I heard something where this lady said something along the lines of “these trials are preparing you”. That hit really hard, and I know that all of these hard times will work together for my good and that I will be better for it. The Lord is preparing me for roles and responsibilities he’s gonna need me to hold in the future. So that was neat!


But yea I hope you all have a very merry christmas and don’t do anything I wouldn’t do! Haha jk. Have a good week y’all.









No comments:

Post a Comment