Hey guys! What’s poppin?! Hope you’re all doing fantastic! I’m doing pretty decent myself. I have to be honest, I have no idea what to write you guys. It literally feels like yesterday I wrote and now I gotta do it again. I’m running out of stuff to say. So for this email I’m just gonna talk a little bit about some of the people we got in contact with this week.
Plew
We were walking to a park and this guy walked by us and was like “are you guys Mormons? I was like “yessir” and then he grabbed a pitchfork and started chasing us. Thankfully, Elder Powell brought his hockey stick so we used that to fight him off and we knocked him to the concrete and took his wallet.
Haha jk that’s not how it went. Thankfully. But, that’s how I thought it was about to go when he asked us if we were Mormons. But yea I was like “yuh” and then we stopped and talked for a second. This guy is dope. Apparently he played one of the kids in “Little Rascals”! Also, apparently Alphalpha (don’t know how to spell that) from “Little Rascals” is from here! But yea he told us that and then he started going off swearing about how much he hates the people in this community. In his own words, “the people here couldn’t even make it in Hell”.
He just came out of a gas station so I’m guessing he had some beef with the people in there. But yea It’s moments like this where I’m thankful for masks, because he couldn’t see me low key laughing. Other than periodically raging about how much he hates Paris, he was super chill and nice and we’re gonna talk to him later and get more information on his Little Rascal role. He’s also a huge/buff dude, and he said he’s a street fighter. But yea his name is Plew, so if you guys can do some research and find out who he was in little rascals that would be great. He told us the name but I forgot.
Shelina + Fam
Shelina and her family are doing good! This week we watched the restoration movie in spanish with them. It was awesome, and they are getting more and more ready for their baptism. Got a cute pic with me and her two kids using filters in Facebook Messenger.
Charles
So we’ve been doing a lot of just calling old contacts. We called this guy named Charles and asked if we could tell him about serving people this December (Light the World). He said no because he’s not Mormon. Ha! Rip! I guess just “Mormons” are able to do service. Weird. But yea he’s super cool! We asked if we could do a lesson and he basically said no, but then was like “you guys should come over and sit on my new couch”. Haha so we did, and guess what he wanted to talk about...what we believe! Who would have guessed. But he’s super cool and we got to talk to him about our beliefs more. He gave us a little pamphlet he made and told us that if we read it we would be “born again Mormons”. So I am happy to announce that I am a born again member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It feels great. I had no idea salvation was this easy. At the end of the pamphlet it said “...you are now a Born Again Christian and you will be admitted into Heaven. Praise Jesus Christ for your salvation from hell. Hallelujah.”.
So that was neat! But he’s a super nice guy and I loved talking with him. I’ve loved being a missionary and seeing how the Lord works through everyone. We all have a relationship with God that we spend our lives trying to develop. He’s been meeting with missionaries for like 20 years so idk how good our chances are of helping him read and pray about the BOM but we’ll see. But it was a cool experience and he’s a super Christ-like guy who has a sincere desire to do what’s right. Hopefully we can help him see the truthfulness of this restored Gospel.
Carmella
We also did a lot of service this week. We went to this old abandoned barn filled with garbage and sorted it for this awesome lady named Carmella. The highlight was that we found some super old watches from “The Phantom Menace” (1999)! It was so cool! I now have an antique Obi-wan watch. I will attach pics.
Janet
We also went out to lunch with this lady named Janet. She is so funny! She’s pretty old haha but she really likes missionaries and has been meeting with them for a long time. We talked for like 3 hours and it was great. She also asked about the apostles and asked “which one is the German one?” and I was like “Elder Uchtdorf” and then she said grinning “I would really like to meet him.”. Haha I don’t know what it is with all these ladies crushing on Elder Uchtdorf but apparently it’s a thing with non-members too!
The Kirks
The Kirks are a super cool family we got in contact with and they are awesome. The other day we went and played pool with some of the older kids and it was a lot of fun. Super excited to get to know them better. Elder Powell had some chili for dinner and I don’t know what it did to him but he had the worst case of hiccups ever. It sounded like he was barking.

Debra
Debra had a rough week. We taught her the Word of Wisdom and even though she is living it, she really struggled with the concept. So we pushed back her baptism to the 19th. But yea she’s kinda struggling and we’re worried about her but we will keep striving and hopefully things work out!
I’m gonna call it there for this week fellas! Hope you have a good week and remember what’s most important, and that is the Gospel! You guys, I really do know this is true. It’s more than something I believe, it’s something I know. That doesn’t mean I understand it perfectly, but I know enough to know that it’s true. I have many questions, but no doubts. I know the Book of Mormon is true, and that is the keystone of it all. If you haven’t read it lately, shame upon you. Haha jk. But low key yea shame upon you. How could you not read it! This is what you need more than anything.
Also this week I was thinking about people who leave the church. We talked to this dude and he pointed out that people leave our church. “If it’s true, why do people leave it?” he said. Well, I thought that was a cheap shot. The fact that something is true doesn’t guarantee that everyone will believe it. I mean the earth is round, yet people like Elders Truman Pugsley and George Lewis think it’s flat! Does that mean we should question whether or not the earth is round? No. The opposition towards the church is a testament to me that it is true.
A scripture I read this week that expounded on this concern was Alma 24:30-
“And thus we can plainly discern that after a people have been once enlightened by the Spirit of God, and have had great knowledge of things pertaining to righteousness, and then have fallen away into sin and transgression, they become more hardened, and thus their state becomes worse than though they had never known these things.”
Just thought that was interesting. I know it can be hard growing up in the church because we don’t always fully appreciate how much we really have, but I can promise you guys that nothing else will satisfy you like this Gospel does. Stick with it, because everything will make sense one day.
Have a good week! My inbox is always open





No comments:
Post a Comment