So last P day after I sent out my email I was sick and tired of not being able to be in outer space so my gpa took me to Maceys and we got a bunch of green poster boards. Then I put it up on the cupboards behind me and made it look like I have a window in my room which was sweet.
I probably had a little too much fun this week with my green screen. On one of them I cut a whole in the middle and used it so I could put my face on other people's bodies, after I had screenshotted people in my district.
I'll attach a bunch of photos of what I've been doing so you can get a better idea of what it looks like.
I'll attach a bunch of photos of what I've been doing so you can get a better idea of what it looks like.
I spent last Sunday with my family, and it was awesome. My dad made my favorite meal ever and I got to spend lots of time chilling with the sibs.
We had three TRC's this week, except the chick we were supposed to teach the first two times didn't show up to the meeting, so we ended up only teaching one. It was alright. We don't know if the people we're teaching are members or not, which to be honest is kind of annoying because I don't really want to teach somebody for 6 weeks about the gospel that they already know all about. Anywho, since we had a bunch of cancellations this week, me and Elder Hansen watched a very decent amount of our favorite show ever... THE SAFETY ZONE!
If you don't know what I'm talking about go look it up on youtube. It's like a show to help keep missionaries safe. It's pretty dumb, but It's been like two weeks since I've seen something that the world considers to be entertaining, so I love it. It's really funny. I remember my brother Joseph saying they were hilarious and all of us thinking they were so dumb, but as a missionary I can totally see why they were funny to him.
Nothing super exciting this week, but yesterday we had a mini devotional and it was one of the strongest times I've felt the spirit. I seriously love all the guys in my district so much. I can totally see how the gospel is gonna work on my mission, whether it's through zoom or whatever. It's the Lord's work and I'm hyped to be a part of it. Anywho, last night literally everyone in our district was crying. The moment when I totally broke down was when
Elder Flygare shared Mormon 8:38, which says
"...Why are ye ashamed to take upon you the name of Christ? Why do ye not think that greater is the value of an endless happiness than that misery which never dies - because of the praise of the world?"
This really got me because, honestly I was feeling lowkey ashamed to be wearing my badge outside of the house. Like when my and my gpa were out in public, I felt weird, and I didn't want people to know I was a missionary. I tried to walk sideways, or cover my badge up, but I just didn't like the looks I was getting. So when Elder Flygare shared that, I broke down, and so did a lot of other Elders. Whether or not I meant to do it, I was acting ashamed to represent Christ, and I've sorta made it my goal that I am never gonna feel ashamed again for being his disciple, and if I get weird looks or whatever else might happen, it's totally fine. I bore my testimony as well, and I think it's the first time since my sophomore year that I cried (in a very manly way obviously) while bearing my testimony.
Being a missionary is hard, but right now not for the reasons we all think. Like honestly sitting in a chair all day in an air conditioned house is the easiest mission I could ask for so I feel kinda silly saying it's hard, but that's not why it's hard. Being a missionary is hard because I am representing somebody who's perfect, who I'm not even close to being as perfect as. I'm trying everyday to think and be like Christ, but it is so hard. I have big shoes to fill, but I know that as I keep studying and praying hard, that I will be able to represent Christ in a good enough way so that others will come unto him.
The church is true. Of all the things in my life, the only thing that I am sure of is that the church is real. Super grateful for that.
Love you guys and would be happy to hear from any of you!
- Elder Wride

No comments:
Post a Comment