Monday, February 15, 2021

7 months today - 🌨Polar Vortex Vibes🌪

Sup tweakers

It’s yo Elder comin’ at you with yet another update on what is going on in my super interesting life. Yippeeee hope you enjoy. This week was kinda neat I guess. It’s freezing though. I don’t really know what a polar vortex is, all I know is that we’re in one. It’s so cold that we took some boiling water and when we threw it up into the air outside, it turned instantly into snow. It was pretty icy. But yea let’s hop into what is going on in my life I guess


More Tweaker Talk

Dusty

Spiritual Thought

More Tweaker Talk

Tweakers are probably my favorite part about Paris. They just crack me up big time. We were in a lesson with this couple talking about tweakers and they told us that they saw a tweaker just banging his head against a pole outside and me and Elder Powell just died laughing 😂😂. But yea tweakers are cool. So we were driving, and I saw a tweaker and the Holy Ghost was like “you should go talk to him” and I was like “plz leave me alone” so we kept driving. Then I felt guilty and was like “yo elder powell wanna go talk to that tweaker?” and he was like “okey” so we drove back to talk to him. We actually ended up pulling over to the wrong guy, but it was good. The guy we talked to is named Cody. We asked if he wanted to hear a message of peace and hope and he was like “sure” but we didn’t have a BOM on us so we just told him God loves him and stuff and asked for his info so we could contact him tomorrow. Long story short, next thing we know, we were in his house. He is a neat fellow. He does have some word of wisdom issues (bviouslyoerb) but the spirit was super strong in his lesson. 

During his lesson, both his mom and his grandma came down to listen to us. It was freaking awesome. I was there, testifying of Jesus Christ and all three of them were just watching us with so much attention. I felt on top of the world in that moment haha.

The lesson was good, but it did get pretty terrifying for a second. Not to hate on Paris, but it is a really run down town, especially where Cody lives. The whole area is just pretty sketchy. And it was like 8:30 so it was getting real late. So we were already a bit uneasy about everything, but then it got wack. While we were there teaching Cody, his grandma was standing behind him so Cody couldn’t see her. During the lesson I saw that she had a little notepad and was writing something there. I didn’t think much of it until she flipped the notepad around so I could see what she had written. 

I don’t know why in the world she made the handwriting look so terrifying, but it was spooky. It gave me the same vibes as from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets when possessed Ginny Weasly wrote “eNEMieS Of tHe aiR bEwARe”. At first glance, I thought the note said something like “RUN” or “GET OUT” or “HES NOT SAFE” or just something wack like that. So at a glance, I was about to grab Elder Powell by the ear and sprint out of there as fast as I could. 

The note didn’t say any of those things, but it did say “HE NEEDS HELP” which was still pretty sketchy. I saw the note before Elder Powell did, so I started freaking out and then Elder Powell saw it and I could tell he kinda started freaking out too haha. But, we survived haha so don’t worry. The next day we called Cody’s gma and asked her more about what she meant by writing that and she said he’s really into drugs and drinking and all that stuff and it’s having a really negative effect on their household. She said she had been praying for help and then Cody came back from the bar and told her about our encounter with him. So that was cool. 

But yea Cody is pretty sweet. He really wants to get baptized and come to church and all that stuff but we’re gonna try and take it slow and figure out how to help him with the Word of Wisdom more. Also I’m not 100% sure he understands what we’re teaching, because after teaching the plan of salvation he was like “so we’re in the pre-earth life right now?” and I was just like 😐, Haha but in all honesty I think there’s potential there. He is already grinding on the Book of Mormon so we’re happy about that! He also really wants to come to church. Anyways yea it was fun. Love sharing the gospel

Dusty

Okay so this is totally awesome! Late one night we were just calling people who have been taught previously in our area book and we called this chick named Dusty. Well the Lord decided to make it happen for us that night, because Dusty was shocked when we called her. We asked if we could teach her sometime and she was down. She told us more later that she has been going through a superrrr hard time lately. She was in her bed crying and praying and questioning God’s existence. Then, RIGHT then, we called her. I could tell on the phone that she was shocked haha but she was REALLY shocked. Like every time we see her she’s like “I don’t think y’all realize how crazy that was”. So basically we’ve started teaching her, and lemme say, she is ELECT. She has never really been too interested in the missionaries in the past, but after we called her at the perfect time she is all in. We taught her the restoration first and the spirit was tan poderoso. When we recited the first vision she like jumped up and was like “that gave me goosebumps!” and during the rest of the lesson she would mention how warm she felt and point to the goosebumps on her arms haha. So that was pretty freaking lit!!! I was super happy about that. Since then we’ve taught her the plan of salvation and the word of wisdom/law of chastity and she is already living BOTH of them! Like whatatatat!? That never happens, especially out here. So yea she is an awesome lady and I’m super hyped for her. 

ALSO, fun fact, I've always kinda wished my name was Dustin so people can call me "Dusty". So I already had major respect for her. But I'll probably name one of my kids Dusty so it will be good. Or maybe I'll name him/her "Bumpy" to fit better with my last name.

Spiritual Thought

Last night, I had the worst dream ever. Oh man it was bad. In my dream, I was back home, like I had never left. Apparently I had just woken up from a coma or something and I was freaking out. I looked at my watch to see what day it was and it was July 14, 2022. I about fell over. 2 years had already passed!? I then started saying missionary swear words like “fetch” repetitively and went to my mom who was downstairs and was like  “what the heck happened” and she said I was on my mission and while I was in Paris I got in a mountain biking accident and have been in a coma for the past year and a half. So, I was mad. First off, what the heck was I doing going mountain biking!? That is so apostate. But what was even more distressing is that I had failed. I had gone out on my mission wanting to become the man of God I know I can be through serving others, and I had missed out on it. I was stuck in this dream for a while too. I just felt so sick. I couldn’t believe those two years were already gone and I was home. More than ANYTHING I just wanted be back in Paris Illinois, talking to tweakers and getting rejected by peeps.

Praise the Lord, it was only a dream, but I am still shook by that feeling of regret. That terrifies me. The thought of not giving these two years all I’ve got. It was a good reminder to me that this time is going to fly by so fast. So, I wanted to end with a scripture that is fire. It says in Jacob 7:26-

“...the time passed away with us, and also our lives passed away like as it were unto us a dream…”

I’m definitely getting those kind of vibes right now. I know this time will be over soon and I don’t want to mess it up. 

So yea that’s my weekly. Hope you are all doing well in the midst of this polar vortex. Stay sober! The gospel is where it’s at. How can it not be true? 

Te quiero muchisimo <3








No comments:

Post a Comment