Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Week 16 - Nothing interesting this week

Hey guys

Sorry for the delay. P day was today for some reason so that's why I didn't email yesterday. And we've been at the zoo all day today so I don’t have time. Got a funny pic with a monkey though so it was worth it. I’ll attach it.


But I literally have nothing to say this week. Short email finally! Sorry boys. I’ll make up for it next week. One funny thing that happened is that we were on a zoom call with a new guy on our ward mission team and I was being dumb and said “welcome to the ward” and he was like “been here 10 years” so that was really awkward. This week was kind of rough though. I did have one really cool experience that I’ll share. 


So a little while ago we were down in Clayton and I saw this old lady crossing the road in a wheelchair. I was scared she was gonna get hit by a car because there wasn’t a crosswalk sign so I ran up to the street and kept an eye on the road for her as she came across. When she got to the other side I asked if she needed any help and from there we started talking. She is amazing. Long story short, she also knows some people in our ward so we talked about that. We exchanged numbers and told her we’d be in touch. Then this past week we were able to visit her again. 


She might be the most amazing person I have ever met. I felt so humbled to be in her presence. I’m getting teary eyed just typing about it. But basically when she was in her 20’s she was rock climbing with her boyfriend and fell to what should have been her death. But instead of dying, she became paralyzed. So she can’t walk, and her hands are closed shut. For 35 years she has been dealing with this insane trial, but not once has she ever complained. She is a hardcore Christian and has such a strong testimony of Jesus Christ. It was insane how strong the spirit was with her. It was such a good experience. It was pretty special so I don’t want to talk about it too much, but the moral of the story being that we are all so blessed, and joy in our lives comes from our focus, not our circumstances. I have been learning a lot about God lately, and one the most powerful things I’ve learned is the importance of prayer and faith. Faith has the ability to move mountains, but it’s the most powerful when it moves us to our knees. 


That’s all I got time for fellas. I’m gonna dip. But have a good week! Also thank you for all the emails. Last week I got some really solid emails and they made my week.








No comments:

Post a Comment